1. This Fund of JPY 150,000 (approximately US $1,500.00) is made available to WBUAP with donations from volunteers of the Global Planning Division of the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
2. The purpose of the Fund is to improve the ability of blind and vision-impaired (BVI) people in the Asia-Pacific Region to participate in WBUAP activities and improve their quality of life, i.e.
(a) To participate in international conference, seminar, training workshop, etc. that will help in the development of the Member Organisations or the capability of their blind members.
(b) To purchase assistive devices or equipment that will help in the promotion of education and employment of the BVI’s of Member Organisations.
(c) To undertake innovative projects beneficial to the BVI’s as approved by the WBUAP Board.
3. Eligibility is open to WBUAP Member Organisations, their members, or individuals recommended by them.
4. Applications for the Fund should be addressed to the WBUAP Secretary General at email: firstname.lastname@example.org and giving the following details:
(a) Name of country/territory
(b) Name of Member Organisation
(c) Name of the person responsible for the activity/project
(d) Purpose for the use of the fund
(e) Time-frame for completing the activity
(f) The required amount
5. Approval of the application will be at the sole discretion of the WBUAP Board whose decision is final.
6. The recipient is required to acknowledge the receipt of the funds, present a financial statement, and return to WBUAP any unspent money when requested by the WBUAP Board to do so.
7. The recipient is required to write a short report on the event attended, or activity undertaken, to be published in the WBUAP newsletter the East Wind. WBUAP reserves the right to use the article, in part or in full, to share with its other donors.
8. WBUAP and its Board shall not be held responsible for any liability (accident or fraud) that might occur during the course of the activity/event.