Please be informed that funds to promote the inclusion of people with disabilities have been made available to USAID Missions and USAID Washington Operating Units (WOUs). There is currently a total of $4 million available in funding. The approximate breakdown of funding includes:
- $2.8 million for small fund programs ranging from $20,000 – $300,000; and
- $1.2 million for 2-4 larger fund programs ranging from $300,000 – $600,000.
In compliance with the Agency’s Disability Policy, http://www.usaid.gov/about_usaid/disability/, USAID continues to work toward fuller inclusion of people with disabilities in our foreign policy and development efforts, and towards that end, these funds are made available to increase the participation of people with disabilities in USAID activities and strengthen the capacities of Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs).
In order to promote consistency, and for ease of review, a standard application form have been established. All project ideas must be presented using this form (a cover page and 8 questions). Submissions made using other formats may not be considered. In addition to the application form, there are two other attachments: a more robust Description of the Request and a standardized reporting format.
Please note the following:
- Interested applicants should submit concept papers to the USAID Mission or WOU that will host this proposed activity. Applications sent directly to this office will not be considered.
- Projects approved by Missions will be sent to us using the standardized application form, USAID/W will review submissions and give feedback to the Mission within 3-4 weeks of submission for the small fund programs, and within 3-4 weeks after the deadline for larger fund programs. If approved, USAID/W will make funds available to Missions and WOUs. Missions/WOUs, in consultation with their RLAs and contracting officers, can modify existing awards or make new awards as appropriate.
- The deadline for submission of concept papers:
- There is no deadline for submission of concept papers for the small fund program (Funding range: $20,000 – $300,000). They will be reviewed in the order in which they are received and funds will be allowed until they are depleted (approximately $2.8 million).
- The deadline for the large fund program (Funding range: $300,000 – $600,000) is March 9, 2012.
Hope your organisation will take advantage of the opportunities this request provides to expand and extend the work that USAID is doing to reduce the barriers and provide full participation of people with disabilities in our programs.
Please contact the local USAID Mission or the WBUAP Secretariat if you have any questions. All the application forms can be downloaded from the link below.