16 April at 5pm HKT / 9am GMT
Diversity and inclusion has become a business priority. An Accenture study found that companies that offered the most inclusive working environment for employees with disabilities in the U.S. achieved an average of 28 percent higher revenue, 30 percent greater economic profit margins, and twice the net income of their industry peers between 2015 and 2018.
Join a webinar organised by Hong Kong Blind Union where speakers from the World Blind Union, Microsoft and Be My Eyes will explore how to build a disability-inclusive workplace. In addition, there will be a demonstration on how assistive technologies could help a visually impaired person’s day-to-day work. The webinar will cover the following:
- Mr. Ron HOOTON, Chief Executive Officer of Vision Australia will share the Australian Perspective;
- Ms. Ada NG, Director of Corporate Affairs and Philanthropies of Microsoft will talk about the prospects for inclusive digital skills and employment in the age of digital transformation;
- Mr. Hans Jørgen WIBERG, Founder of the vision assistance volunteer mobile app Be My Eyes will explore how to improve workplace inclusiveness through making accessible accommodations; and
- Mr. CHONG Chan-yau, President of Hong Kong Blind Union, member of the World Blind Union’s Employment Committee will share why workplace disability inclusion matters.
Details of the webinar are as follows:
- Date: 16 April (Friday)
- Time: 5pm to 6:30pm HKT / 9am to 10:30am GMT
- Language: English with simultaneous interpretation in Cantonese
Registration: click here to register. Joining details will be sent to the registered email.
Click here to find out more about the speakers.